HoPing Island was called Liao Island in the past. It is located at the north of Taiwan. Ho Ping Bridge connects the island to Keelung City. In 1626, the Spanish army built castles, churches and fortresses, preparing to do business with China and Japan. The castle on the southwest is called San Salvador, the saint savior. This is the first and currently the only castle in Keelung. During the Spanish occupation, HoPing Island had busy trading activities with Southeast Asia. After World War II, the island was renamed HoPing Island. Today, it is a famous tourist attraction.
HoPing Island is perfect for diving and sea fishing. With years of erosion by the wind and sea, the eroded rocks and coasts have formed special shapes. The Keelung government has made HoPing Island a coastal park with swimming pool, tour track, tourism service center and food and beverages.
Take Bus 101 at Keelung Railway Station, get off at vocational training center and walk for about 5 minutes
Take Bus 201 or 205 at Keelung Bus Station and get off at HoPing Island Stop.
Drive down Keelung Interchange and go northward along Chung Cheng Rd. Turn left onto Cheng Pin Rd, pass Ho Ping Bridge, take Ho Yi Rd and turn right at Ping Yi Rd The Interchange is about 4.2 km away.